PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 06:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #214
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
It does kinda make sense that your view might be slightly different when in a MAX suit. It'd certainly add to the "you're in a giant suit of armour" feeling. I wouldn't want something like that as a softie though, if only because I don't think I've ever played an FPs that has done so in your "normal" view.
I'd agree to this, but I also agree with Zulth that it should either be forced, or not be bothered with, whether in MAX suits, vehicles, aircraft, infantry, or all of the above.

Forgive me if you've answered this already, but if turning off the cockpit meant that your view was zoomed in and you had no mouselook ability, would you be okay with that? That way having the cockpit enabled would mean you'd get a wider FOV and mouselook ability to balance the loss of view caused by the cockpit's obstruction.
You didn't address this to me but I'll answer anyway. Simply put, no. You can't turn the cockpit off in RL, nor can you put yourself in a position where you can't look around in it. The idea of giving some kind of "trade off" is lame. What if the offer was unlimited ammo or some other completely out there idea in exchange for enough sacrifices to "keep it balanced"? Would this be acceptable to you? Maybe invincibility, but while invincible, you can't affect others or move.

The "trade off" thing is a broken concept itself.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-04-18 at 06:35 PM.