PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - MAX Timers
Thread: MAX Timers
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-13, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

I believe the MAX timers should be re-worked as well. First, 5 minutes is a bit excessive...that's the same timer as a tank has (which for a vehicle I feel is about right) but a MAX is *nowhere* near as durable as a tank. Sure, the Uni-MAX gives you other suits you can wear to pass the time, but I think most people will agree that the MAXes are horribly inefficient against things they're not designed to take out (and in the case of AV MAXes...against their intended target).

2.5-3 minutes seems a bit better, especially since in heavy fighting that will still be a significant penalty.

With Uni-MAX we saw a surge of MAX users, but that just caused everyone to cert SA and both non-VS factions settled out on their MAX numbers. In fact, the TR rarely have MAXes anymore (which is the reason for the current changes) so it's hard to judge, but I really do not even see NC MAXes in significant numbers. The boosts to AV make me wonder if even Uni-MAX will be enough to keep non-purple people in MAXes without some other change...which is a shame as MAX suits are kind of a neat idea.

If they kept the durability the same, I really wouldn't mind seeing the MAXes be slightly more powerful...