PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: Adenn's easy to understand TR LMG Analysis

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
Uhu... so it having a high recoil and low dps doesn't mean much? You should try using the SAW for a while and see how good it is, I got about halfway to the auraxium and then tried other guns.. I've never looked back.

At the longer ranges the SAW can work but its a weird gun cos the recoil is so high you can hold down the button at close range meaning you end up with a even lower rpm and as such general dps while your opponent will often be able to hold the button and spray you to death. At long ranges the recoil is so high you literally have to shoot 1 bullet so you may as well use a sniper and do real damage with that 1 shot.

The only way I can see the SAW being good is if you can get head shots with every bullet, but honestly if you could do that you'd most likely be using a shotgun for 1 hit kills instead and snipers for longer range for the 1 hit kill.

Basically the SAW is a good thats average so other guns just do the job better. Do people really call it OP? I honestly would love to hear how the hell this gun is OP, as has been said CQC is where the fighting takes place most of the time and the SAW is purely a long range gun, up close any of the other LMGs NC has is better.

I'm honestly starting to think TR and VS have decided they are going to whine and complain till the NC has nothing useful left. And they are getting close, NC MAX is useless, NC has some of the worst LMGs, they are trying to get the vanguard nerfed as it can actually kill a prowler or mag sometimes and my god that shouldn't happen! VS and TR players should have a 90% chance to beat NC it shouldn't rely on something as trivial as skill!
I still can't believe how anyone thinks the SAW is bad. Is it the gun to be all and end all? No, but it definitely has it place and to say otherwise is 'madness'! Med-Long I can stand up to if not beat other players with the SAW. Even in CQC it's not a bad gun although it noticabley begins to underperform compared to others. So long as you get the jump on someone chances are you'll win with your 5 shot TTK.

Now I understand you hatred towards the vanu and TR, they are rather skilled in the ways of Forumside. However it's not like we don't have our niche in game, play to your strengths. Problem solved. There will come a day when the NC spotlight shall return. Likely after the flamethrowers make their sales hah.