PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Smoke post Maurader Buff...a sign of things to come for all vehicles?
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-05, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

You have to be brain dead to not understand the SA nerf so let me explain it once again.

1)AV sucks (except Phoenix, so if your NC this doesnt really affect you). The details about ammo boxes and the fact that AV will also be getting looked at for balance implications came after we were told that the Decimator will be moving. So if we can expect patches in the order we were told them, then the Decimator will move to AV before AV gets buffed. This is significant because currently the SA cert has 2 very ausome weapons in it and AV has none. Moving the Decimator at the current time will put 1 good weapon into the AV class forcing people to spend 3 points that they would not spend in any other case.

2)SA is getting nerfed because it is loseing 50% of the reason you spend 3 points to Cert it. AT weapons have a whole host of issues that make them impractical so counting the Radiator at this time is pointless. The Decimator and Thumper are ausome. Troopers like myself will now have to spend 6 points to do what we have been doing with 3. For almost everyone that means you have to drop something and that just sucks ass.

Having said that, if AV rocked then it wouldnt be so bad because then you would be getting 2 good weapons for your 3 points just like you always got and that would leave just the issue with having to spend 3 points for a Thumper. However with the upcoming ammo box changes and the Core Combat fixes making AT weapons desirable and obtainable, the SA cert will be worthy of 3 points

The bottom line here is in what order these patches arrive. If they move the Deci and then we have to wait weeks for these other changes then it is a big fat nerf that sucks. That is how this information was given to us originally. A statement that the Deci was going to move and no information about ammo boxs, AV changes, and other necessary items. If they patch in these ammo boxs and core combat fixes then the SA nerf wont suck, it will just be annoying but acceptable. So myself and others were completely justified to be angry about the original announced change because if that was going to be the only change, then it would have been a massive stupidass nerf