PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game Engine: mouse acceleration
Thread: Game Engine: mouse acceleration
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
T MAN
Private

Re: mouse acceleration

Mouse acceleration is one of the worst things that can be in a game. If it has acceleration it can't be played competitively and if it's bad enough, the game can't be played at all.

Things like this wouldn't be an issue at all if they were back where they belong in the options menu like real PC games used to have. Most modern games have a bad attitude. They tell you how to play, save when they want not when it's convenient or desirable for you the player and so many other things that I the player should be able to decide. This was stuff purged from PC games after we managed to acquire them years earlier so it's going backwards.

Such options can make the game go from playable to completely unplayable; much like the lack of adequate subtitling, colour-blind options, key binding/controller options, etc.

Things like this MUST be options as standard. It's sad that some developers are so short-sighted and lacking in empathy that we end up fighting for it.

This is what someone said in the steam forums about Bioshock "The problem with Bioshock (1) isn't acceleration, it just has horribly and utterly broken mouse controls. Half the time my sensitivity drops to 0.1% of normal for 10 minutes and then for no reason at all it will go back to 'normal' (aka super sensitive)."