PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Population Inbalance
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-17, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
MuNrOe
Private

Re: Population Inbalance

Copy Pasted from my posts.

Wow has the game really lost about 2000+ active players since the start of march.
http://sirisian.com/planetside2/popu...factions=false

There are some servers there that struggle to put up 600 players in prime time.

What would be great is if they merged every server into 1. Upped the player per map count to 2000 . Put in the empire swap time lock out, and added the 4th map and sanc. Then you would get some real planetside action. Where empires could focus the majority of their faction on one map and still put up a decent defense of the other.

Make warpgates what they should be "warpgates" and not spawn places. This game has at least a year untill it would even get close to anything that resembled it. Considering that it is losing 2000 players a month SOE really need to lift their game before it falls flat on its *** from people leaving. Weather that comes from lack of players on certain servers or lack of meaning full content. Either way things need to change.

Here you go dev's let me show you how thats done.

Local lattice is now done time to implement global lattice.

If only they would have listened to the PS1 vets in the first place instead of going around this roller coaster ride of stupidity to come back full circle and agree with us 6 months after tech testing. You guys want something to talk about at your friday night OP's shows or POD casts there you go. Bring this up and stop avoiding it.

Relative population is a symptom. If the Global lattice system was in and many servers merged then this would not even be.

The problem comes back to game design and lack of purpose to fight on different con tenants.

Go back to any time in PS1 say TR had A HUGE pop advantage. What would happen NC would hit a tr cont and Vanu would hit a tr cont. Splitting the empire in two. All of a sudden you have a 50% empire pop reduced to a 25%. Sure sometimes they would both stack and hit the NC or VANU at a point but the fact remained that at some point they had to fight each other. Some of the best fights I ever had were from breaking out of warpgate locks on NC with the Raid forming in the warpgate. Command chat keeping the target quite untill it was called and then hundreds of players all storming off to single cont to break into it.

SOE will look at locking people's empire population and some will log off in frustration if they keep on this same path. Its not the answer.

I mean FFS all these problems were addressed in the original. They did these things for a reason and it all made perfect sense. In short what your experiencing is the game in its current form missing something that was IN THE ORIGINAL!@@!!@ that served to fix this problem.

If there's a problem I guarantee if you look at the original game (PS1) the solution is already there.