PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Speeding it up"
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mechzz
Major

Re: "Speeding it up"

Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
Yes, but in BF, there are about 32 ennemies in front of you. And not all of them will have the weapon needed to take you down.

In Planetside 2, with the hundreds of ennemies and all the different weapons/vehicles, 32 isn't even close to the number of threats you'll get for your MBT.
And if only 3 shots can kill you, you won't stay alive for long, which is a problem.

In PS1 a MBT was a threat to almost everyone, and taking cover was a rule if you didn't wanna get in big trouble, even if you had the weapon to destroy it, because the thing was hard to kill.

But again, we need to see it running with hundreds of players first, and get to test it ourselves before being sure of what is good and what isn't.
I agree with the concern about vehicle longevity when a massive base fight is in the offing. But for smaller encounters the shorter TTK is fine. And it could be that the new hex and resource system means we have more small battles and the more occasional biggy. And for the biggy, we may need new tactics. There are peeps who enjoy finding new tactics.

All speculation, i know, and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong in beta, cos we should all have maximum fun playing, and if I'm wrong it should mean the "funnest" gameplay won out.