PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Fafnir
Sergeant

Re: Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
I just remembered, LoL will also lock their new heroes for the first week that a new hero is released so that it can ONLY be purchased with real money for that first week. This also coincidentally coincides with LoL's slow process of balancing the new hero to the rest of the line up (sometimes takes a few days, sometime 2 weeks after release). Dick move to do I know and while I can easily see "SOE" trying to ape that too I do not believe that it will happen as it would at least in part invalidate Higby's repeated promise that no upgrade will be purchasable with real money and that sidegrades will be purchasable with in game money.
This is not true. New heroes can be puchrased with real money or in-game currency. Buying with real money is "cheaper" though - if you want to buy with in-game currency, you have to play actively for 1-2 weeks.

I won't argue about selling stronger champions and nerfing them later, because this basically is their business model. Tribes:Ascend is going exactly the same route. Hopefully Planetside 2 won't.