PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Galaxy, king of the Air
View Single Post
Old 2002-11-04, 05:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

For Air to air combat i think it goes Reaver >Galaxy > Skeeter
Reaver is best Air to air and its rockets proably rip up a galaxy taking little damage from its guns. The Rockets would be near usless against a sketer cause of speed but its cannon is alot more powerfull so it could tear the unarmored skeeter apart with little DMG to itself. I had a skeeter flying cover and healing the galaxy, rember? i know by itself it could not take down a reaver, but being healed, it it could get close enough to ram.....dead reaver, and also the galaxys main advantage: Turrets, it has two gret fire arcs, wheres the others have forward arcs only, a good pilot with two so so or good gunners would be more then a match for a amuture in a Reaver or a whole swarm of skeeters (skeeters get about 5 secounds of firing at the galaxy before they have to take say 20 to turn around and make another round, galaxy is blasting at it whole time, dead skeeters.) This is all on assumption of the crafts capabitlity, but we know the Galaxy is a heavy armored, slow, ship with guns for point defense, that fire in turrets. The skeeter is a very fast ship with no armor, takes little dmg, a weak gun, and can heal other ships, and the reaver is an armored gun ship with a morepowerful chaingun, rockets, and slower then skeeters but can take alot more damage. Looks like they are foward firing to.

All and all the Galaxy's main combat advantages as i can see it are its armor and the fact that its guns fire in a turret arc

Last edited by Tobias; 2002-11-04 at 07:09 PM.