PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Three long overlooked problems with this game.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-26, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Goliith
Private

Re: Three long overlooked problems with this game.

I dont't hate Squad Beacons as much as I hate Squad Deploy, but the beacon needs to be larger, or at the very least have a larger hit box, as you need to be RIGHT on top of it to hit it many times, and often the beacon itself doesn't render, only the beam of light will.

Squad deploy is the meat and potatoes of evil strategy IMHO.

The other night I was in an Outfit platoon, and what we were doing is the 4 Squad leaders get into Racer chassis Mossies, and head towards where ever we want to control. Enroute all 44 other members of the platoon hit 'Redeploy' to be on the spawn menu without the counter.

THE SECOND the Squad leaders get to the location, all 44 members of the Platoon hit Squad deploy and you now have 44 coordinated players on the roof/s of your base.

We did that for about 2 hours+ and only ever failed to immediately overrun the facility if there was already a larger emplacement of enemy troops ready to counter it.

Was it fun? For us, yes it was awesome. If I were a defender of an assault like that however, I probably would have just left the continent or logged off because its a nigh unstoppable assault of raining manpower that can control their target location of landing.

Reinforcements needed isn't as terrible as at least you appear in the respawn room of your location, but I feel that any redeploy respawn should have a 15-35second respawn timer at minimum to slow down how quickly the zerg can surge across the map.

Perhaps a dynamic 'Reinforcements Needed' respawn mechanic? The higher the presence of your empire in a 'Reinforcements Needed' location, the longer the redeploy timer?

Ex. You hold the crown, but are being sieged there, Your empire population is 18% while the the enemy population is 72% with 10% of third faction. In this example your redeploy timer would be what it is now as default.

Now then, Many people reploy for reinforcements and the population swings to be 58% Your faction, 42% attackers and the third faction have entirely pulled out. In this situation, defenders are nearly as necessary, so the respawn timer would be in the 20-50second range *ONLY FOR PEOPLE 'REINFORCING'* Normal in base respawns would remain as they are.

Last edited by Goliith; 2013-06-26 at 12:53 PM.