PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Santorum Drops Out
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
Natir
Sergeant

Re: Santorum Drops Out

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Cutting waste, overhead, and corruption alone will free up quite a lot of budget. And the things causing us the most financial burden need reform to fit within a balanced budget. Simple as that.
Now if that is what was done, we would doing a lot better. Sadly, that has not always been the case. I mean, the GAO just had its budget cut. When had they increased or kept it the same, they basically pay for itself. But now that their budget has been cut, they cannot do their job as they should. There was also a similar aspect to congress. I believe that was completely phased out. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that one. And correct me if I am wrong by saying it was Newt who got rid of it when he was speaker.

It is also a lot harder for shit to get done when you have appointments waiting to be filled. Just last week I believe Obama finally got 70 more members appointed to his staff/judicial appointments. Now, these are not new, they have just been sitting doing nothing because our lovely republicans in office decide to block his appointments. Now, these are not blocks based on merit, they are fully qualified for the jobs, they just don't want to appoint them because of politics. He still has many more administrative and judicial appointments that need to be approved. That is the kind of shit we really don't need in our political system.