PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-01, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Graywolves
General

Re: Matt Higby doing a Q&A at reddit!

1.How will "classes" effect driving/piloting? Will there be an "operator class" or will lighter armored classes be the ones who can pull out the vehicles?
1 - light armored infantry classes can use vehicles - there isn't a "pilot" class, each vehicle have cert trees that are commensurate to the infantry trees.
2.Vehicle animations are gone, budget or otherwise, will there be a time delay in entering/exiting a vehicle or will it be a simple warp-in/warp-out deal?
2 - it's instant right now, this is subject to change though
3.In concept art I noticed the massive ship in the sky. Can you tell us anything about that or linked to it?
3 - secret
4.Sanctuaries are gone and footholds are in. How will this effect outfit/alliance staging grounds, training(skill/cert/tactical), organisation/gathering, continent capturing, and camping?
4 - you'll have a safe staging point, training will be handled through a separate method.
5.Will VR training return?
5 - something like it, but not exactly what was in ps1
6.I remember outfit battles being attempted at one point. Will similar small scale versus events appear in the future?
6 - esports is something im super passionate about, so we have plans for tournament modes that would be along the lines of "outfit battles", we're focused on the primary gameplay mode i.e. open world massive warfare right now, though.
7.Trophies. I loved collecting enemy weapons and just hoarding them in my locker. With the inventory system will this be possible or will there be a replacement that allows us to gloat our victories?
7 - we'll definitely have ways for you to gloat your victories
8.Alliances between outfits. Not that it is needed but is there in-game support planned to allow ease of communication between outfit leaders/commanders.
8 - yes
9.Tower landing gear. Does this have to do with the giant ship? What exactly does this hint at if anything?
9 - i'm not sure whistles
10.Can I still heal, repair, drive, and lead all while kicking ass with my cycler?
10 - healing and repairing are both exclusive to two different classes, so no. Well, you can heal yourself with a medkit!
11.What can you tell us about the new continents?
11 - they rule
12.I got the 1 empire per server. How many characters?
12 - I'm not sure how many characters per server we allow right now, i can't think of any reason to limit it, but, i can't think of any reason besides wanting to be incognito to want to create more than one. Theres no restriction on you creating a character on every server in the game as of right now. this is subject to change based on the whims of our dbas though.
13.Will characters still sink to the bottom of water?
13 - We're still working out what the water / swimming mechanics are going to be at launch, currently you float, but i hope we'll be able to add more here
14.It appears that the NC nearly blend in according to the trailer. Will this effect gameplay or will everyone stick out as before?
14 - the NC have found a cache of newer and more stylish armor
15.As a Terran I will stomp your rebellion. (if we could be 2 empires I'd have an NC alt though). Also....Can I plant flags?
15 - don't try to oppress me, man!
16.Will headshots or damage location be implemented in any way? I personally was fine with the mechanics overall in Planetside, just curious.
16 - yes, we have damage locations including headshots
17.Pajamas. From what it sounds we will spawn in our loadout? I'm really going to miss the pajama parties and fighting my way around with a pistol.
17 - hmm, maybe we'll let you make a loadout for pajamas =)
18.How customizeable will a pistol be? I always loved the idea of a commander running around using a pistol like a pro.
18 - extremely customizable, you'll be able to make a pretty kickass pistol if you dedicate some time to it
19.How much will our character change from BR1-Br20? I always loved the top end TR uniforms.
19 - BR is going to determine a lot about what you're able to unlock skills wise, that will in turn influence how you look
20.How will Leader given missions(quests) work? And will waypoints return in a similar way before or have they been altered?
20 - yes, they're a lot deeper, I think i've gone into detail about the mission system elsewhere so i don't want to repeat myself
Thanks for the questions, sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Last edited by Graywolves; 2011-09-01 at 04:46 AM.