PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If not Artillery, Then What About Mortar Tanks?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Program
Sergeant

Re: If not Artillery, Then What About Mortar Tanks?

Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
So would I, honestly, but the devs have mentioned (I think) that they don't want really indirect gameplay like that. Also, you'll hopefully be able to do something like that with these, although maybe not quite the same range.

A mod for the sunderer could be great, but they'd also probably need to lower the health a bit.

Also, the AA gun (not MG) that I mentioned might be a little too much, as I could see these things being very weak to air. However, they will also probably turn slowly and have a minimum range, so anything with explosives that gets around them or too close should be able to tear them apart. I seem to be arguing with myself now, though, so I'll end here.
I know they don't want indirect gameplay, but I do. Didn't they say something about being able to play your way? It's also funny that you mention the Sunderer having a cert for an arty turret, because it did in the original Planetside. However, I think both arty and mortar tanks are valid ideas, but we'll have to see what the devs do.