PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Outfit Resources
Thread: Gameplay: Outfit Resources
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-19, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Archonzero
Sergeant

Re: Outfit Resources

In all honesty I think the resource system is going towards buying unlocks/upgrades and packages, not the actual base vehicle. Having the actual vehicle cost resources for every respawn, while on paper is a great logistical advocate for strategic elements, but will be more of deterrent to players expecting a fast paced action shooter, which PS2 is more or less "presenting".

Bogging down players options for what they want to pilot vehicles by forcing players to spend x amount of resources, means they will be spending larger amounts of time as infantry an less time fullfilling the role they would like to spend time learning/playing with.

I can see advanced specialized vehicles (faction or common pool) requiring resources to spawn. Heavy Tanks/mobile artillery, Heavy Support vehicles (airships or an Small Mobile Support base, think AMS with MAX/light Vehicle spawner)

Timers are fine, maybe add a feature for players to overridden a timer with a resource payment, with a penalty that if that vehicle is destroyed before the timer has run down, the timer penalty/cost increases.