PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Systems: Outfit certifications + Vehicle variants/sidegrades
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lanka
Private

Re: Outfit certifications + Vehicle variants/sidegrades

Originally Posted by Saifoda View Post
Interesting ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong but what I think you're saying is that the outfit will unlock a special certification for vehicles AND the player has to unlock that certification as well? I'm not sure how I feel about that, especially considering that certs can't be uncerted to get the points back (maybe you could make an except for these specifically). An alternative to this would be having the outfit unlock a special cert for, say, the lightning, and if you have the lightning (and maybe if you've certed into it enough? like 10 or 15 or whatever) you will be able to have that cert so long as your outfit keeps it and so long as you're in that outfit.
I'm quite sure the latter is what I tried to say. If you have a cert for a tank and the outfit opens up cert for its variant (be that one or multiple variants - in one or multiple certs) player can then customize&spawn the variant(s) - long as s/he stays in the outfit.

Requiring player to unlock the variants as well would be kind of silly since players don't have full control of which certs the outfit would keep - assuming outfits can reset their certs which seems likely.