PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
Thread: Gameplay: Light Air Cav Transport
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-02, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Re: Light Air Cav Transport

I'd say the Galaxy should be available from the start. Outfits will want their gal drops ASAP.

Regarding medium air-transport, I feel it has to have that nose mounted minigun and rocket launcher, but it must be manned by a gunner, not the pilot. The side guns would help it dish out more firepower. The ability to carry extra passengers should be a bonus, but not it's purpose. My suggestion was closer to a heavy Reaver, making the Reaver more akin to a light tank in comparison. The passenger capability was just a cool idea on top of that. It shouldn't move nearly as fast as a reaver or a mossy, as it would be meant to be used as a gunship, not a fighter.

As for small rapid aerial transport, I really can't see why a mossy or a reaver can't opt for rails that infantry can all sit on (like 4 tops for the whole bird) and it can jet them around that way. I mean, people want options right? Doesn't make sense to me for SOE to develop a standalone quickie aerial transport that does just that - moving people - when they have 2 chassis' capable of doing the same thing, only they're armed of course. Or maybe they won't be with passenger rails? Who knows?