PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Quick-draw pistol
Thread: Gameplay: Quick-draw pistol
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Quick-draw pistol

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
PS1 was fine, your fault if you run out of ammo or get caught with your pants down.
I knew someone was going to say this, but I didn't think it was going to be you. So you just don't like secondary guns I take it.

Is it because you're used to having 100 rounds in your machine gun?

I'm not meaning it to be a replacement for a main weapon. It could even not have enough damage to kill someone from full health, but just something that's short range that you could swap to.
Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
I don't think PS weapon swap times were too slow. Have you ever tried to swap RL weapons? (not to mention the huge size and weight of weapons like MCG+Striker, or the JH+deci)
Yeah I played airsoft so I carried a main p90 with a pistol. (Realistic weight). I think you're overestimating it for "realism". Switching to a sidearm isn't that big of a deal (I had a strap for my p90 so I'd drop it and pull the pistol).

It doesn't have to be available for all guns, but I feel it's a nice technique in a game to have the option. Most people firing ranged wouldn't switch to it. They'd just reload. I agree that a 2-handed weapon might not need it.

However, someone brought up a sniper. If snipers aren't a valid close range weapon (as they shouldn't be) then switching to a sidearm would be the most logical action.

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I can somehow safely assume, that if there will be a sniper class in the game, it is, sadly, going to carry a sniper rifle and a useless fast-switch pistol. Same goes for all classes that don't have a flexible guns.
Why do you say useless? I'm confused.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2011-08-10 at 06:30 PM.