PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Official PS Wish List
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-05, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

I dunno why but I love this thread! anyway, just some more ideas...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Medical Ability - Infect
Like in Team Fortress Classic, I think that the Advanced Medic should be able to use a Medical Applicator (or a new gadget) against enemies to Infect them, which slowly kills the enemy. Any enemy who is too near to the host also gets infected. To stop infection, a medical applicator would be used. Virus Grenades could also be introduced. It would add a whole new tactic of destroying the enemies teamplay (As they would be forced to split up). MAXs would be unaffected as would people inside vehicles

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapon/Vehicle Modifications
If you are any BR and you've bought all the certifications you need/want, there should be something that you could buy, using your certification points, which will improve your current certs. For example...

-------------------------
Battle Rank 5 - Total of 9 Cert points (I think)
Bought Heavy Assault - 4 Cert Points (guess)
-------------------------------------------------
Now you have 5 cert points left. You love the Jackhammer so why not spend 1 or 2 points on improving it? You could improve certain aspects such as...
- Cone of Fire
- Rate of Fire
- Range
- Recoil
- Reload
Obviously you can't really improve the CoF of a shotgun, so on certain weapons you can only improve certain aspects. A Sniper Rifle (Bolt Driver) could improve in every aspect. Whilst a Mini Chaingun could only improve in Reload and maybe CoF. This means that you could get classes of snipers, such as ones who have bought a silencer, ones who have bought the highest amount of range mods etc... You could be a Stealth Sniper or a Heavy Sniper.

For vehicles you could improve...
- Top Speed
- Acceleration
- Primary Weapon CoF & RoF
- Secondary Weapon CoF & RoF
- Braking Power
- Afterburners
- (In the case of the new bomber) Amount of Bombs per flight, I think it'll have to restock.

You could excel in being a Reaver Pilot. If it costs 3 Cert points to fly a reaver, and you ain't gonna do anything else, you might as well be the best damn reaver pilot in the world!

You could even improve MAXs? It could even be simplified, just have Reaver, Level 2 Reaver, Level 3 Reaver and Master Reaver certs. I just think it's stupid that you have to waste cert points on certs you don't want!

Air Vents
I just wanna sneak a whole squad into a base through the air vents! Of course enemies could shoot through them (To stop people hiding in Vents to escape enemies then popping out to pick people off)