PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Re: For EU Players: Win a trip to SOE Live

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Well what did you expect from a planetside competition ?? We all know how this game is meant to be played.
Your both talking crap.

The reason this went so badly was because of the nature of it. All factions fought themself more than the enemy, and while we all knew that this wouldnt end up perfectly, nobody expected it to be that bad.

Prior to the event, i did a list of all scenarios that could happen, and how i react to them. This was done to figure out what classes i should cert up, and how, depending on how many cert points we get at the start.

I did expect the Scatmax spam. I however did not calculate their power correctly. This was vastly different play than on the live servers, where maxes are far less of a problem most of the time.

So there I was, all 96 of my potential scenarios done in vain, extremly frustrated due to being farmed, while seeing others of my faction going higher and higher in the scoreboard. I was raging, yelling at my screen. And the simple reason for that is: I was alone. There were 10 other purple guys, but i was in fact alone. Heck, i did not accept revives to not give them points, thats how far it went.

From all this, there is one valuable lesson to be learned: Planetside 2 truly is a team game, that simply cannot be played as a deathmatch.