PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Suicidal pilots; should they be in Planetside 2?

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
It's a valid tactic, but one that should cause a significant drain on resources. You don't see American Soldiers going into a fight with a C-130 and fly it into a hillside in Afghanistan to take out a bunker of snipers.
Using that example, thats EXACTLY what the Taliban do though. They'll pile some explosives into a car, drive it up to a check point, and boom. It is a drain on the Taliban's resources, but only a small drain because there seems to be no shortage of people who want to blow themselves up. (just carrying on the example, not looking for a political debate)

So, I do agree with you in that I think it should be limited enough to where you can't just spam Galaxy and Galaxy and just durka durka jihad all day long, but it shouldn't be taken out of the game. Suicide missions could be fun, and I don't want to start trying to figure out where to draw the line between assaulting something deep behind enemy lines with no chance of surviving very long, and flying a Gal into a single sniper.