PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Deployed Galaxy Spawning
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Skittles
Sergeant

Re: Deployed Galaxy Spawning

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Regardless, the Galaxy probably has a better chance of reaching it's LZ or circumventing enemies due to it's speed and independence of terrain features. Yes, it will be susceptible to AA, but it won't be much more susceptible to air as an AMS and it will be able to run away easier from ground threats. Map of the Earth flying will be huge.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you seriously suggesting, which is EXACTLY how I read your post btw, that a Gal will be less susceptible to aircav then an AMS? How do you figure? The AMS may not have been the best moving vehicle in the game, but in the whole scheme of things at least it was semi-stealthy size wise and quick deployment wise. While OTOH, you have a gal which is the largest vehicle in the game flying around like a brick with wings. And, you think that nap of the Earth is going to be its saving grace?

This will be THE fastest thing altered in beta from a playstyle point of view is my guess, because 1 in 10 of these things will make it to its destination to last a grand total of 2-3mins. The amount of crying by gal pilots is going to be massive because of survivability both in air and on ground. At some point the gal pilots will simply give up spawning the things.

Nap of the Earth with a galaxy
Come on EP, you need to quit drinking kool-aid.