PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music
View Single Post
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-20, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #154
InjectedSenses
PlanetSide 2
Sound Designer

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by nathanebht View Post
Haven't seen any mention of environmental background sounds. If we are on foot sneaking somewhere at night away from any battle, will there be cricket chirps? Well, some type of alien cricket chirps? Wind noise?
Yeah there will definitely be environmental audio not just the distant battle. "Alien Crickets" have been known to populate some areas. Each area on the continents have their own ambient feel to them.

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Just make sure that if i hear a bullet being fired, its actually because someone fired a bullet, and not because there are 300 people behind that hill. Dont fake stuff.
We don't plan on faking anything. We might have some tricks up our sleeves for drawing attention to the nearby battles, but no faking.

Originally Posted by TerminatorUK View Post

One bit of feedback - I did feel that in Higby's latest gameplay video that the Vanguard's engine noise lacked any 'roar' to it...
Thanks for the feedback, the vehicles and their engines are definitely in a testing stage right now. We have a a bit of tuning to do on their RPM's

www.twitter.com/injectedsenses
www.facebook.com/injectedsensesproductions