PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Mastodon
Private

Re: People who don't play in outfits - a growing problem?

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Last post as I have been asked not to post anymore.

Mastodon, I agree with much that you say in the last post. I Feel the same way as to the meta layer of Planetside. I'm sure you can read a map. We truly do not differ that much in thees regards. I also have agreed many times in this very thread, its premise is ridiculous. Solo players are a non issue. With a possible caveat that in any online game, Outfits, guilds ETC, have been shown to increase retention though the bonds they create.

And in that regard, I think people are missing out on something that can enhance their game time.

I also have stressed, there are so many outfits and groups, that using a few of the more notorious to label all of them is wrong. Sure, finding a group in ANY game is always a trial and error proposition. But I don't think it should stop people from trying to find a group to mesh with, it does nothing but help IMO.

And all that is a FAR cry from "I'm to bad ass to be in an outfit".
I could see the retention part, but I know for me, Planetside is the best shooter option out there right now, so I'm not going anywhere. The only real chance of me leaving PS2 is EA unfucking the mess they made of BF3 and launching a new Bad Company game. or rereleasing BF2 updated to run on the Frostbite engine.