PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The New World
Thread: The New World
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-07, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

6. Links

Its been a week. Viper didn�t take the AMS husk too good, Jefferson and his group of blue sat in the corner making sure we don�t surround them and kill them, and the Vanu unbelievably want to hold their position since that one rockslide actually took out more people than we killed.

The day after that Viper and Jefferson agreed a peace treaty to be established and they went to the Vanu to make sure that the treaty was good there too. After that several men went to the Vanu and they sent some to us to make sure nothing would be planned behind our or their backs.

Three days later small pathways were found inside the cavern, yet only fit for something like a Maurder. I suggested to go since Viper was barely holding the urge to kick my ass. So me and Smith decided to take the cruise though the tunnels and see where they ended.

�So,� Smith said stubbornly after an hour of countless hours, �we there yet?�

�Do something,� I grunted.

�Like?�

�Shoot the wall.�

He took it seriously and started shooting, I made him stop after about two minutes when he was reloading his second time.

Again we sat for a few minutes until we felt a dramatic increase in temperature and the ground was getting darker. We came out to another long hallway that I followed when I got out of the warp gate several weeks ago, just molten lava leaked out several places.

�We�re here,� I said.

We drove and found like the other cavern an un-powered warp gate. We decided to turn around and see if it would lead to another cavern yet with volcanic attributes. The center stood a plague surrounded by a river of lava, and above stood a floating rock.

The next day me and Smith found five other smaller caverns with different climates yet still the floating rock in the center of it all. We came back to the volcanic cavern after finding no more caverns and spent the, or at least the clock says so, night behind the unmoving warp gate. Until we were rattled with the same ear-splitting noise that fell into our ears the day we got here.

I rose holding my gun, looked around and passed the hill we were behind to find the warp gate that was once not even budging, now circling the sphere in the middle protecting it with the same kind of warp gate barrier. Smith came behind me.

�Can we recall?� he asked.

I flip opened the wrist computer.

�No connection,� I mumbled. I turned around and Smith wasn�t behind me, he was packing. �What are you doing?�

�We�re going through, eh? I mean, if we don�t come back it wont disappoint Jefferson, much less Viper.�

In five minutes we were done and inside the Marauder.

�Well, here goes nothing,� I said.

I drove into the bubble, clearly the gravity is still inside the bubble, unlike last time when we all got sucked in. Me and Smith looked at each other, then to the beam of light that fell from the floating sphere. He nodded. I stomped on the pedal and we drove into the beam.

::

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.