PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why Planetside 2 has been steadily losing players
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-31, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Why Planetside 2 has been steadily losing players

The spawn rooms in outposts are still a joke in pretty much all bases they didn't redesign so far and even in several new ones that i played.
What is it with this obsession with tiny huts at some remote corner of the base where defenders allways have to run further than attackers while also having a longer spawntime?
And even if it is a proper spawn "house" there are other mindboggling design choices like having wide open space around the spawn or the cap point being up on a steep hill. Generally there is still way too much open space between the defender and the point in almost all bases.

And that they didn't do anything about the big bases and the retarded one-way sonic-the-hedgehog-tunnels is also disappointing.

HOWEVER, there are some new bases that are really good. My favorite from a pure design perspective is Saurva South Fortress. That is how a base should look like, with tweaks it could serve as a fine blueprint for quickly crapping out non-retarded bases.

Well, sorry for my little offroad trip here. Also i will acknowledge that the devs are apparently constantly adding new things to the bases like additional spawns or teleporters, so who knows, maybe one day all these assortments of huts will truely be "bases".

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-08-31 at 07:00 PM.