PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New patch today!!!!111one
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-21, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by infinite loop
Madcow - I'm sure cHaM is a good guy and fun to play with, and all of that, but what he did was the wrong way to handle it, and cheapened the game by doing so.
Your opinion, and I tend to disagree. It would have been the wrong way to go about it if he'd started with the posting. He did the routine, it wasn't working.

And unless you're a software developer, and understand the life cycle of a product, your opinion how SOE's internal procedures may or may not work is pretty invalid.
That's pretty condescending. When is your game coming out? You know, since your opinion of SOE's internal procedures is more valid than other people's?

Bugs are prioritized, and usually scheduled in depending on work on new development. It's a very tough thing to balance, and they've done an ok job. Not great, but not as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. I assure you these "exploits" were on the schedule.
I've never said the bug squashing was horrible. They are normally pretty quick about fixing game breakers, although they seem pretty happy to let 'lesser' bugs which might diminish enjoyment in the game stick around for an abnormally long time.

And I hardly think that cHaM's crusade had much of anything to do with a couple of them being fixed in today's patch. Don't you think they would have all been addressed suddenly if they were in "damage control"? Give me a break, and SOE too. As long as they are regularly releasing bugfixes you really have nothing to complain about. If the schedule isn't fast enough for you, maybe you should take a break and come back in a few months.
All right, I get the condescending routine. No reason to hammer it home. You're right, it was all a massive coincidence. I see that now.