PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Auraxis for Tanks!
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-04, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: No Auraxis for Tanks!

I agree and I disagree Edfishy...

I won't entertain the idea that PS2 will ever have the same tanking mechanics as WoT or Warthunder: Ground Forces because that would be a unreal expectation (As much as I would LOOOOVE for them to emulate Warthunder Ground Forces).

What I do expect is a MBT Update to get bumped up on the to-do list or failing that give us bits or pieces of said MBT update. The infantry though not perfect have had way to much love between a plethora of weapons being added, Infantry only facilities, and now Squad-Spawning inside of Vehicles on the move.... Namely galaxies that hover at flight ceiling where a MBT cannot bring it's cannon to bear!

I'm not asking for the MBT to be thee #1 concern, that role belongs to Intercontinental lattice, Resource Revamp, and Hossin as far as I'm concerned... But the Infiltrators just got that Bolt-Action Head-shot update as well as a fair amount of SMG's to play with along with AI Mine twerks... Now there's getting a sweeping update with rumors of REK drones and Vehicle hacking... (IMO This update will only partially be implemented if the first ESF and MAX update are anyway to judge). Infantry have also had a plethora of NS Weapons, Faction Specific Weapons, and a ton of facilitys redesigned specifically with Infantry in mind.

What I want?

- Vehicle Depots/Garage that you can drive into and change your equipment loadouts w/o having to respawn a new Tank! Could even go the extra mile and make such a vehicle garage into a Attached objective to pre-existing facilities.

- The option to Warp a Tank from one continent to the next w/o having to abandon my vehicle to spawn a new tank!

- Field Objectives that Tanks and other vehicles can fight over and capture, Maybe a facility that's built for Vehicles to fight over, Vehicle only zones!

- Loadstar Vehicle Air-Lift or a certable utility option on pre-existing aircraft that allows them to transport a ground vehicle!

- Equal restrictions to bring definition or reason to facilities. If the Tech-Plant is a requirement for MBT, Make the Amp Station a requirement for either the ESF or Liberator. The Bio-Lab a requirement for the MAX unit.

- Dedicated Vehicle Crews, 3 man Tanks. If Infantry have this huge fear that Tanks are so OP then make Tanks stronger at the cost of requiring dedicated crews! (I have hope for the teased NS-MBT).

I think ultimately what I'm asking for isn't just a MBT update but a in-general Ground-Vehicle update to bring classic vehicle mechanics from when PS2 first launched up to snuff with all these new mechanics ever sense the Lattice or new-base designs were released. Tanks need some love if SOE is going to go down the road of Rock-Paper-Scissors with loadouts and equipment because there's no need for Rock (tank) when the game revolves around Paper (Inf) and Scissors (Air) right now.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-02-04 at 08:08 PM.