PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Interesting stuff from Chinaside
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Interesting stuff from Chinaside

Originally Posted by xXGumpXX View Post
Is it me or do the developers seem to be getting a lot inspiration from Battlefield 3 rather than the original game planetside , i mean like look at the classes , there will be 6 different classes to choose from , in the original game planetside there was no such thing as classes like what there is in BF3 , get rid of them and keep the game original rather than changing what planetside is all about , i also think that you should have kept the sanctuaries as they we're good for recalling the players and gathering them together in preparation for a raid
How do you fund a development team? Money.
What generates money? Buyers.
What ensures a steady (and positive) flow of money? Lots of buyers.
How do you get buyers? Give them a product they want.
How do you give them a product they want? By giving them the things they can relate to, in an improved form.

Rinse and repeat for expansion packs etc.

It's pretty basic stuff really, in the end SOE wants market shares and alot of them - otherwise they wouldn't have released the funds to develop PS2 in the first place.

Saying "X and Y was alot better in PS1" is just stupid, in the end Planetside failed to grab the market shares it needed to stay afloat, hence it slowly died due to lack of funding (read my example above).

Last edited by Bonius; 2012-04-03 at 09:44 AM.