PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Trayvon Martin
Thread: Trayvon Martin
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-06, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #280
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Funny how suddenly the "biased liberal media" become trustworthy now that they cleared up the audio. xD Let's face it, they jumped to conclusions and on a bandwagon to get the premier and forgot about scrutiny and took the first info they had and repeated that over and over.

Aaaaand you lot are seemingly doing the same with Warborn. Maybe time for a time out there before the ad hominems get much worse. >_> Almost /thread, I'm afraid. As it just gets more flamable from here.

As I already said on the first comment I made, there's a case to be made for basic prejudice to indicate how jumpy he was (could still be prejudice purely about hoodies due to the "They always get away" phrase). However, as I've repeatedly stated, I very much doubt it's pure racism as some parties been claiming. I severely doubt that's enough for a conviction of intend though. Unfortunately so much has been said that I'm afraid people won't want to back down from their initial conclusions.

Good thing you lot stopped lynching mobs as a national tradition then, not?

So. The main question left is self-defense and castle law, applicable or not? Good law or exploitable? Perhaps to look at it objectively, this particular topic needs to be ended and a new general topic on that should be made for a fresh start.

PS: I'd suggest that if you want to discuss conservative/liberal media bias and which paper, channel or radio is still reliable for all, a separate topic should be made so you can just categorically complain about that.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-04-06 at 03:01 PM.