PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Community Q&A With Higby
Thread: News: Community Q&A With Higby
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Community Q&A With Higby

Originally Posted by Higby
Well Aircraft it’s really important to get situational awareness - like how high am I off the ground, how far am I from hitting this object, we’re gonna make it really hard for you to aim and shoot in 3rd person in the vehicle. It’s more for if you’re purely flying, or dogfighting trying to escape, or something like that you might want to switch to 3rd person to be able to go through obstacles. But it's not something you’re going to be using while you’re strafing and killing guys because the camera is going to be dynamic and won’t show crosshairs so you won't know where you’re aiming very well. You won’t even be able to put a post-it note on the middle of your screen and have that work either, because the camera is gonna shift around a little bit - so it won’t always be perfect.

Higby, its pretty important for vehicles too. Nobody ever gunned from third person in tanks/atvs/lightnings/etc, it was just beneficial for driving through trees and avoiding squishing friendlies in a base. And popping out with a vehicle is nowhere near as effective with infantry, since vehicles have actual inertia and acceleration times, something infantry lacks.