Thread: News: Community Q&A With Higby
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Re: Community Q&A With Higby

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
True enough...but now that it looks like they like 3D spotting no matter how many people complain about it(much like DICE), I think it's important to switch gears and ask for specialty servers without it. That might be the best we can get, I think. Unlike many other companies, it IS true the SOE has been known to provide specialty servers with alternate rulesets. Just putting in the request now
Well it looked like it was implemented like BF3 in the GDC footage and el capitano higgles said that was NOT how they were going to be implementing it, so I hold out that it's going to be different, much like the killcam.

Why hasn't anybody directly asked the question of exactly how they intend to implement as opposed to the vague "Are you implementing 3D spotting" type questions? It's pretty imperative to find out exactly how SOE want to implement first before really delving into whether we agree with it's implementation or not, for all we know it could be a glorious method of implementation that solves everything we've discussed much like the overreaction to killcams, I have no doubt internal discussions brought up many of the same thoughts we've had discussing it here. Everything we've discussed about it so far has been purely speculation. Really all we've discussed is how BF3's version could be made better, as opposed to whether Planetside's version is agreeable or not.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com