PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mines staying active when switching class
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Mines staying active when switching class

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
The counterpoint to this, though, is that you can effectively doubleclass if you stick around an area. You get the benefit of an engineers mines, but not the drawback of being an engineer.
... No you can't. Laying mines is a slow and tedious process (or it was in PS1). They are extremely situational and not the most effective means of either defense or offense. Also it's about 5% of the Engineer's ability that we're talking about, hardly multi-classing.

This wasn't even a problem back in PS1 where these silly classes didn't even exist. Someone laying minds could turn around and whip out an HA weapon and blow someones head off, then resume their mine laying while in Rexo suit.

Depends on the PS2's equivalent of an ACE. PS1 ACE's were consumed with each mine layed, and took up a considerable chunk of inventory space to lay them. You had to be extremely dedicated to laying mines in order to score any useful levels of kills or whatever it is you want to accomplish.

Last edited by Blackwolf; 2012-04-07 at 09:36 PM.