PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Comic: Cosmic Comic #7 - Forlorn Respawn
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Re: Cosmic Comic #7 - Forlorn Respawn

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I had to go look it up. It's a COD thing.
Your right mostly, but generally the point isnt so much to have areas that you do it, its so you get good enough you can do it on the fly, and to execute it for the winning kill cam to lord it over everyone else. Which is why most of the pros at it play search and destroy, no respawns and the round is over in a minute or so. Law of averages, your going to get something impressive eventually if you throw enough grenades or tomahawks.

Like i said before its not something that i particularly find impressive, hence Satire. But its an aspect of computer games that i enjoy, taking a pre defined system provided by the developers, and changing its meaning, or adding to it. COD in particular had a higly competative attitude, so it was only a few steps away from being considered an e sport, with this kindof trick shot mentality.

Its almost along the same lines of GTA4, me and my friends used to play this game where i would drop 3 of them onto a buildings roof, and they would then try to make it to the ground safely. The first to touch the ground and survive won. You had tense games of people shimying on window ledges, smashing their faces on fire escapes, making impossible jumps because they paniced or jumping onto cardboard boxes to break their fall. I had more fun playing that mini game than the actual campeign. Thats what i like about games, its what i think trick shotting resembles in its own way.

And hopefully its what planetside 2 is all about. Lets hope i can drop C4 while i hot drop and blow it before i hit the ground so i land in an amazing fireball.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.

Last edited by Cosmical; 2012-04-09 at 08:48 PM.