PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Supreme Court vs. The Fourth Amendment: KO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Vash02
Major

Re: Supreme Court vs. The Fourth Amendment: KO!

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
He couldn't sue the police for strip-searching him, because they didn't conduct the strip searches. Catch-22. How nice that the government has set itself up so that nobody is responsible. You'd think the highest court in the country would recognize that, because it took me thirty seconds of thought.
Yes he can sue the police and the state for the strip search(or really just sending him to prison in the first place). I'm sure that the police knew that sending him to prison would mean a strip search. If they were ignorant of that I'd say thats criminal incompetence.

Anyway, I look forward to the stories of coercion and abuse that are bound to follow this. Another tool to degrade and humiliate prisoners, hooray.
The police already have enough tools to bully people into confessing crimes they did not commit.
All those tiny laws that everyone breaks? they add up to a long time in jail, but the police will cut you a deal if you just confess to this single crime...
And of course overworked public defence attorneys will just urge you to accept it.