PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What is the most important part of Planetside?
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: What is the most important part of Planetside?

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
I say teamplay. But sadly they are trying to get everyone from other shooters, so they are killing teamplay for easier killwhoring.
Team play has gotta be up there on the list of importance, I'm with you on that. I'd like to point out the game Team Fortress 2. It's got the word Team in the title and it has a lot of classes that benefit greatly by team work, but what you end up with on public servers are a bunch of solo players zerging the objectives.

There is always a really good way to guarantee victory in TF2 though. Teamwork. Even just a couple of players working closely together can often turn the tide of a battle and if you are playing on a server where both teams are using teamwork, the experience is very intense and competitive.

I don't really support the idea of forcing mandatory team work, because that is going to narrow the appeal of Planetside 2 and contribute to lower populations. The zerg was always a part of PS1 and it sounds like there will be plenty of tools to help funnel the zerg and actually make them work for the team, even if they don't realize it.

In my mind, encouraging team work and making team work be synonymous with victory are how to approach it.

I'm excited to see how some of the new features play out in regards to rewarding teamwork.