PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Battle rifles (they do exist)
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-17, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ritual
Banned

Re: Battle rifles (they do exist)

Whisenhunt one of the combat designers was playing with one on Twitch yesterday.

The TR one was a 3 shot burst I think. Looked to be a little less then a sniper rifle in range but with semi automatic fire rate. Much lower damage compared to a bolt action per shot. Cone of fire was super tight, recoil minimal. It took like 3 or 4 bursts to kill someone which seemed like an eternity watching it on stream, and headshots probably took two bursts. It seemed to be a balance of medium and long range.

Whisenhunt was not owning with it because he kept finding himself in close range encounters, but he did manage to kill quite a few people who were coming down a hill at a distance that looked like the enemies could not respond to because they had less accurate weapons. Most weapons except maybe the sniper would definatly get eaten up by one from medium-long range distance if they werent careful.

He only used it for maybe 10-20 minutes and didn't really talk about it, he just showed us because I asked.

He also showed a scout rifle which I had never seen before.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Ritual; 2012-11-17 at 09:52 PM.