PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Syrian Crisis: Whom To Believe
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-03, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Syrian Crisis: Whom To Believe

So as we know, there are two points of view on the matter of who used the chem weapons:
  1. Assad
  2. Those who will benefit from US intervention which is:
    • The United States themselves, since, let's be honest to ourselves, oil and presence in Europe is a sweet piece of pie for them.
    • Rebels, since direct incusrsion by the States, will almost ensure their victory.

Being a left-right anti-American (not saying the people of America are bad, since borders do not define moral obligations, that's far too close to nationalism), I myself with A.1 option, however, I'm still uncertain, or, to be precise, not even close to having an opinion.

One thing that eludes me is why would Assad use the chems and why do people keep believing it so blindly. Did he ran out of lead or missiles? Did he watch too much James Bond and decided to be a classic villian and launched toxins into populace just for the fun of it? I'm being sarcastic here, definitely, but I do want to hear some opinion in favor of option A...

...since we all know what the UN investigators have to say. That's if they are still even alive.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-09-03 at 03:15 PM.