PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: SOE announces Alpha Squad
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #148
Froglicker
Corporal

Re: SOE announces Alpha Squad

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
A few aspects of character design (unlikely to change I know)???

like what?
Are there going to be any changes/tweaks/improvements to the VS MAX's current default look? I've mentioned a few times on the beta forums that the current VS MAX's look less like an exo-suit that either gender could wear, and more like a large muscular man wearing gun hands and a few bits of armor.

With the NC/TR MAX's, I can believe that a female may be in there with very thick protection. The VS MAX on the other hand, doesn't invoke that feeling. Rather, it invokes in me the idea of the big semi-shirtless muscular guy they send after the hero in action movies (not that those guys aren't awesome or intimidating. They just don't fit with what MAXes are described as).

I've heard that with certain customization options they'll get their shoulder pads and jetpack-thingies back, but without them (or something to replace them) they look a bit naked.

One idea to handle this may be to add more bits of visual armor, like on the shoulders, back, chest, and legs. Another may be to add more mechanical and wire-y bits to increase the mechanical look of the suit closer to the concept art, rather than parts looking like sculpted muscle.

Last edited by Froglicker; 2012-09-11 at 03:04 AM.