PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-03, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
The Degenatron
Master Sergeant

Re: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek

Originally Posted by kunzadar View Post
I see a lot of talk about how LA needs more utility, but i don't think that fits.

The class is called light assault. There usefulness in a squad comes from their ability to flank and disrupt the enemy, and be lethal. If their to weak of a class then add things that let them do their job better, like more specialty grenades or weapons.

What i'm saying is that the engineers and medics are their for support. The other classes can and do have massive tactical value without adding more utility. Even if medics and engineers have all the gadgets you would never make a squad of all medics / engineers.
Light assault already get grenades and their weapon is on-par with Engineers. What I'm suggesting in no way stops anyone from playing LA in the way you describe. It simply adds a different way to play LA if a person desires it.

Originally Posted by kunzadar View Post
Each class should fill a role and add to the squad, but what they do for their squad should be fun. Recon is fun, flanking is fun, shooting people is fun, actively supporting team mates is fun. But having to stay in the rear because your the hacker, then running up and staring at a wall? Personally that sounds quite boring.
You are entitled to you personal opinion, but it is a personal opinion. Just because you wouldn't play that way doesn't mean no one else would.

The idea is to give the LA alternate play-styles. If you don't want to be a run-and-gun LA, then don't. If you don't want to be a hacker, then don't. If you don't want to be a squad leader, then don't. But I think the LA should encompass all of these roles because it fits the mold.