PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Events?
Thread: Events?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-23, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Events?

Originally Posted by Kumoblade View Post
. A poor example, but i'm sure devs could think of something.
I wouldn't be so certain. =p

But yeah, mini events that give the game some meaning and a few things to fight for would definitely A) Increase interest for the game and B) Keep current players from tiring of the game (I personally don't think it's possible).

The game should always be evolving, and events that give a specific empire TEMPORARY access to superweapons would definitely give players a feeling of 'WE need to hold this CC. WE need to band together and fight off these VS nubbles. WE need to do this shit.'

Maybe a few temporary alliances? The NC and TR band together (TEMPORARILY) to take over a Vanu facility (which is really easy to defend (very open space, base is at a high altitude, so the flight ceiling is relatively close to the base, and plenty of AA/AG). Pick the two allied empires randomly and say "If we don't take this base, the other guys get this superweapon. If we take the base, we get it. Now GO FORTH!"

These events shouldn't be as often as once or twice a day, as Jack posted (the devs wont have that many ideas, and the events will start to get repetative. These events should be something to look forward to, but not having to wait too long), maybe a Friday night event. The games population would surge on Friday night, and it would probably stay high for the rest of the weekend.

Lastly, there should be some subscriber only events, just to give something for subscribers to pay for that doesn't unbalance the gameplay.

Last edited by Furret; 2009-11-23 at 09:56 PM.