PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Several questions about Certs
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Crator
Major General

Re: Several questions about Certs

The way I know it is like this: (The bolded info is from the PS2 Info thread)

1) The resources in-game are for obtaining gear and vehicles (which I would assume are related to certs): Pure upgrades, such as grenades, stronger vehicles, are only purchasable with in game resources.

What is the certification System? The certification system is still really free-form. Similarly to Eve, you can gain “skill-ups” in your certifications while offline after setting which certifications you want to unlock, however actively playing online will result in quicker skill-ups. You can be as specialized or as unspecialized as you want; if you want to only put certification points into improving your galaxy, you can. If you want to have decent grunting, vehicle, and support skills, you can.

2) • What is the class system? The class system in Planetside 2 is a bit of a misnomer. It is not as free-form as the original load-out system of Planetside, but it is not as restrictive as other shooters. When you spawn, you can choose a different set of certs for that life and you are forced into that role until you die or access an equipment terminal. There appear to be restrictions such as a deeply specialized medic will not be able to access heavy assault weapons, and classes with jetpacks will not have access to heavier armor or weapons.

3) Not that I'm aware of but you can cert into any and as many class trees you want.

4) Not sure about this one.

5) You were required to obtain certifications for the equipment you use in PS1. Certs were obatined by gaining Battle Rank in PS1. In PS2, all equipment is available from the start but you use certs to specialize in a chosen class.

Last edited by Crator; 2012-07-06 at 04:56 PM.