PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Driver/Gunners... NO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
This is true. However, why does that necessitate Rambo gameplay? PS is intended to encourage teamplay. Join an outfit, find a gunny.

Also, they're talking about VOIP, so you'd probably be able to more efficiently communicate with the other person in the vehicle, even if they are a random.

-edit

Not saying you're wrong. It's just a discussion. There are always exceptions, and some people may have no trouble with it. It's more from the standpoint of encouraging group play. They're multi-man vehicles...
For me being able to drive and shoot does not automatically = Rambo. The teamwork i imagine with PS2 is not having 1 person drive and 1 person shoot, its about having 50 ppl driving and shooting at another 50 ppl while there are another 50 ppl in the skies and infantry all around trying to survive.

And i agree that a multi person vehicle will be better because you will have that second turret protecting you from planes and infantry trying C4 you rear (which i always love to do, and that second machine gunner can often make the difference for the tanks survival).

So having teamwork in PS2 should not mean that you have to get a PUG to use vehicles. Because most ppl i know don't own gaming rigs, I have always appreciated games that let you play alone and with teams without punishing you for your decision, and PS2 seems like that game. There will be vehicles that will require multiple ppl to use; Liberator, Galaxy, Sunderers. Some will let you play alone, but be more effective; ES MBT, Lightning. And there will be single player vehicles; Flash, ES planes.

I am also sure that in future patches, there will be more vehicles of every type added. I appreciate what the devs are trying to do here, and with the way the game is distributed, it will be really easy and certain that you will get constant updates to keep the game fresh.

As an idea, they might want to put in a super heavy tank that needs allot of ppl to use because of its size and power.