PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Driver/Gunners... NO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by KaB View Post
A successful game is a game that you start many years after its start (considering that you played at lot at its start) and you realize this game is still awesome. In the case that you still find players to play with of course.

What I'm saying is that BF was on a good way to become better. They got vehicles into games with BF1942, then other crazy games went into the fight like ArmA (let's say OpF HD), PS1, later RO1, and Project Reality of BF2. Im not only talking about these games because they have two seats in the tanks, but making a u-turn like in PS2 from PS1 is a terrible mistake. BF3 didnt bring two seats in the tank, but everything else got worse. BC2 became so boring, and this is what's BF3 going to be in few months.

And how much from you did play PS1 ? Was this feature bad for you ? Why didnt you complain about it already ? You dont really know what you want dont you. You just want big awesome graphics, big guns, big vehicles, end of the story. Smart.
No, what you're saying here is that you like realistic games. You started with games like BF1942 but found that you like games like Red Orchestra and ArmA. I am an avid player of military sims myself, but I am not going to try to mix the two and I can still find plenty of fun in arcade shooters. You should also know that OFP came out before BF1942, so the combined warfare thing didn't start with Battlefield. Tribes also had vehicles that had gunner and drivers spots too, but they were more along the lines of transport vehicles.

I've played enough PS1 to know that the tank mechanics lead to a lot of frustration. As much fun as it can be, it often ended up getting me killed because a gunner couldn't see the target right in front of the tank, nor could he hit it when aiming.

For the rest of your post you're just assuming the kind of games I like. Of which you're completely incorrect on.

The separate driver and gunner game mechanics have a lot core issues when it comes to communication. When a game needs to appeal to a much larger audience than the first, they need to make some changes that will appeal to a broader audience. They have to do this without alienating the original audience or they will end up pissing off both groups, kind of like Red Orchestra 2 did. Here they are making a pretty big change because they've noted the problems with it. They've realized that it won't work well on a larger scale geared to a wider audience. Game mechanics that rely that heavily on direct communication have way more problems to the average players.