PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Driver/Gunners... NO!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

Re: Driver/Gunners... NO!

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I personally found all the new shooters lacking in map design, not in shooting mechanics. Seemed like every part of the maps now are designed to funnel you towards the enemy.

Also, they've gotten boring because no one's pushed the limits recently. Battle's started getting bigger and more exciting starting with Tribes and Battlefield 1942 but now they've completely flat-lined with BF3 and COD.

Very excited about the persistence, map size and player count Planetside is bringing back to the table, this time with more functional mechanics. Couldn't care less if driving/firing requires one seat or two, and not sure why BF3/CoD needs to be included in the discussion of such.
If not for the boring, console centered map design (meaning primarily for infantry), i would have played BF3 for a lot longer. I have never before BF3, primarily played a BF game for its infantry combat (it was always too rigid and awkward, I played COD 1 and 2 for that). Other then its map design, BF3 feels great all around. The first BF was my favorite because it had some almost vehicle maps only, and i never had to work with other ppl in 1 vehicle to be effective, but work alongside other vehicles.

Last edited by SgtExo; 2012-07-10 at 04:17 PM.