PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What kind of FPS should I be getting with these specs
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-25, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
fierce deity
Sergeant

Re: What kind of FPS should I be getting with these specs

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
GT 620 is an extremely weak GPU, so I'm not surprised by that performance. Honestly I don't even know if any optimization is going to help. Your CPU is good, but you need a new GPU.
Yeah I know its an incredibly weak GPU, Its the one that came stock with the computer.

Originally Posted by Rbstr View Post
Yeah the CPU is fine...the RAM isn't as fast as it supports but that's no where near the issue that your graphics card is. [GPU] bound is exactly the problem. Optimization will help some, but AFAIK most of that is focusing on CPU stuff - better multi-threading and the like. A better GPU will help immensely.

If you want to upgrade it you need to give us a budget range.
And you probably also need to figure out what wattage your powersupply is and if it has the PCI-Express connectors it needs, as most better graphics cards will need some extra power.

Your monitor is only 1280x1024 (according to that .txt you posted, at least?) so even a little will go a long way. As an example the high-mid range GTX760 ($250) would give you good FPS at maximum settings in nearly any game at that resolution.
I'd definitely be looking at no more than $300, but being a broke college student my budget for this stuff is effectively $0.