PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So, there's weather. What about VIOLENT weather?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
stordito
Staff Sergeant

Re: So, there's weather. What about VIOLENT weather?

very thick fog...nice idea...
one problem would be graphic glitches/hacking to see thru...
it would be super scary hearing the sundie Horns around you...the noises...
and knowing that you may even trip into a mine or someting...

every cont= 1 special weather event every 3-4 hours or so, in random places nearby hot zones...

i even think this could be easy to implement (weather control in the showcase was pretty much ready for server-triggered commands)

dust storm =desert location
snow = peaks
rainstorm = everywhere else
fog = swamps

also i would suggest

aurora/ electromagnetic storm = caused by solar flare, for 10 minutes all equipments,terms,implants in that area are jammed,no radar.
maybe vanus can deploy vehicles but not use advanced energy weapons...you got the idea.

i'm not sure about meteor rain because that would interfere directly with operations...you can adapt your combact style to fog but you can't possibily dodge a falling rock. and fog does not kill you...
weather should be something you have to deal with in order to succeed,not a direct menace you have to face.
if a meteor rain strikes during a siege it would be an advantage for the ones inside.
rain/fog etc would be just a condition you can adapt to as fast as you can to stay alive.