PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Compatability
Thread: Compatability
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Elstar
Private

Re: Compatability

Originally Posted by Spearka View Post
do you mean chip? because if you still mean stick then i must say there is a massive difference between hard drive and RAM

and IMO i did not make this thread just to hear anyone blabbing on about hardware upgrades and "your computer is crap" comments
Spearka,

I am not trying to burst your bubble, but I have tried PS2 with much better systems than yours..ie i5 system with 8gb ram, but because the graphics was not up to snuff it didn't run as expected.

So instead of trying to dwindle all of the settings down to an unbearable range I had to upgrade, plain and simple.

If I want to experience the game the way it should be experienced then I am the one who has to make that decision and fork out the cash for it, or just not play it at all.

Now there are many suggestions in this thread about your OS.

Vista is a resource hog plain and simple.

It will take what little bit of Ram you have consume it and not release it the way it is supposed to.

If you change your OS to XP, you may (slight chance as it is) see some improvement.

If you can't do that or are unwilling to do that, then there is no more point to this thread being continued.

Let me put it to you this way...

Would you hop on the back of a dog and expect it to be able to carry you 100 miles? No you would jump on a horse....or better yet a car.

You may have to come to the realization that you can't play PS2 on that system...sorry