PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Airmen/women! What role are you going to play?
View Single Post
Old 2002-12-27, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Stalefish
Corporal

Originally posted by zMessiahz
The air ships in this game will all be super VTOL ships like T2. Yeah yeah, I know the game hasn't come out, but look at the damn things... its gotta be that way. They are too bulky and have no wings. No way they fly without some sort of device that essentially allows them to ignore gravity. That means banks, rolls and all that are out (uneccesary to game mechanics).
I think you hit the nail right on the head Messiah. It's the future, no need for jet propulsion or propellers. Besides, if they had vehicles like they did in Tribes 2, and just modified the function of them and maybe added a few more physics modifiers the vehicles would be pretty fun to play around in.

I'm kinna lazy and don't want to go reading through stuff, but vehicles cost money to generate right? If that's the case, I don't think people will take them lightly and just bail out and send it flying into a few unsuspecting players.

Then again, I remember somebody saying all you needed was to be at a place that generates them and the cert to use it, so I'm probably wrong. If that's the case and you can get as many as you want like in tribes two, people will probably dispose of them when they don't need them anymore in a way that will kill some extra enemies.