PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside Dev Interview!
View Single Post
Old 2002-10-23, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Name: Zarparchior

#1: WTF is PlanetSide?

No no... seriously though.

#1: Will looted/stolen weapons/vehicles be able to be kept after logging out?

#2: If you have a vehicle, damaged but intact, and you need to log out, would you have to wait through the timer to make another vehicle or would there be some way to save your precious time and "deconstruct" the vehicle so that you don't have that timer looming over your head?

#3: Will you have to have a cert to use enemy vehicle/weapons, or are certs only used for creating the vehicles/equipment?

#4: I dislike snipers. I dislike snipers a lot. In fact, my dislike for snipers is very high. And as a matter of fact, you could probably say my dislike for snipers is very very high. But I understand that they are a good support class and have their place... but... grrrr! I dislike them so! But maybe that's because in other games they are gravely overpowered. Anyway, I know that the only sniper rifle (Bolt Driver) has a long delay, but is it enough? I guess I shouldn't be asking this. As a matter of fact, ignore this question. I must wait for Beta.

#5: You get BEP for killin' and CEP for capturin'. Yay! But... CEP is shrouded in mystery. What does it do? I know it makes you feel more important, but what effect will it have upon THEE CAHRAKTAHR?! Will they have more options available for leading? A better map? A better communication system? More studly looking (like myself)? I dunno, it's just that being a leader sounds like fun and I was just curious as to what CEP can actually do for you.

#6: I'm a very smart individual. I can notate things very well, and enjoy doing so. I am also very observant and can find bugs quickly and effeciently... Unfortunately, I've never had the benefit or past experience of being in a game trial period. This isn't referring to Beta at all! You know... I was just wondering that when something like that occurs... that... well, maybe you could think about allowing myself to qualify. I meet all requirements - I'm sure! I just haven't been in one before. It's like having no credit. You can't take a loan to get good credit, so you're stuck in an paradox. So... when you take that fleeting glance at my name on that oh-so-long list... just consider it. Please?

#7: ...Can't... refrain... any... longer... ARGH! When-the-hell-is-Beta-it-was-supposed-to-be-a-long-time-ago-but-I-understand-that-the-game-needed-to-be-in-working-order-and-I-totally-agree-with-that-so-keep-on-working-hard-and-doing-your-dev-jobs-well-you-are-really-cool-so-when-is-it? (Long breath) Err... I'll just lie down for a second.

#8: It has been discussed a bit... but what about vehicle explosions? If you're sitting in you Hover-Buggy and out of nowhere - BOOM! 7 Striker missles come and make your poor poor Herby feel the wrath of the Terran Empire. Will you instantly be toasted along with your vehicle? Do you try to bail out before they hit? Do you hit the eject button? Does it eject you automatically? What happens? Come on! What?

#9: I know this is more of a question regarding Beta... but in proportion, how many of the total certs can you have at any given time? Only 1/3 of the amount? More or less than that? Also, will certs be in a skill tree or will they be stand alone?

#10: Choosing an empire is hard... It will be difficult for new players to choose a side just based on the information given. A lot of people like to FEEL how a playing style is before they actually would like to dedicate themselves to that cause. So... my question is: Will there be a Tutorial or Training room/program/drug that will allow you to see all the types of empire specific weapons and vehicles? I know Beta will be the training grounds for the luckier of us, but what about players who only find out about this game after release?

#11: Lag is the killing factor in many, many MMO games. I'm not going to ask will this be really laggy, because that'd be ignorant on my part. So... I rephrased it slightly. Since the issue of lag is on everyone's mind, how did you guys deal with it? New netcode? Uber server farms? Revolutionary block box can't-talk-about-it-or-I'd-have-to-kill-you stuff? Just more curious than anything else.

#12: That thing where you guys let quasi-normal people test is soon... I can't seem to remember the name of it (starts with a 'B' I think... also has an 'e,' 't,' and 'a' in it if I remember correctly). Anyway, have any idea when that is? You know... if it's like soon? Or not soon? Sooner than not soon? Please? Just a small, non-commital time frame? No? Alright...

#13: Good work! You guys r0x0r!

#14: (just remembered right now) How does the game handle reloading? Is it clips or bullets? What I mean by this is: You're running around... feelin' smart. You fire off 4 rounds of your 17 clip handgun. You reload. Will 4 bullets just be subtracted from the total amount of bullets you have, or will a clip be rotated with another clip? i.e. if you keep firing off 4 rounds and reloading, eventualy you'll end up reloading with clips that only have 13 shots left. Make sense?

**edit: added question #14...

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-10-24 at 05:41 PM.