PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-16, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Tank drivers acting as gunners in PS2

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
I wish Higby never played BF, or anyone at SOE for that matter.
/sign

Battlefield's vehicle gameplay isn't remarkable for being good, it's remarkable for being present. They are winning the vehicle race because no one else bothered to show up.

If the secondary gun is at all weaker then people will just pull their own vehicles. There's no reason to have a tank with an AA gun when you can have a tank and a skyguard, unless the skyguard is so terrible at it's job that no one will ever pull it.

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
3) It wouldn't work very well for the magrider, but allowing the driver to man the secondary weapon seems like it could be worth trying. We can consider that and see how it plays.
You fixed the main gun forward didn't you? This is stupid, and I have never seen any situation in which it was implemented well.

And then there's the Lib. Are you kidding me? The Lib has 3 seats, 1 of them never fills. You should be combining the bomber with the TG not the pilot. All you've got now is the BF2 jets, which were so hilariously bad that the devs came out and basically said "we fucked this up pretty bad last game, so we're leaving it out of the next one".